We are looking for a Web Developer to design, develop, and maintain our next-generation websites and web tools. They will be a technical problem solver, who will be comfortable working as part of a team while taking the initiative to take the lead on new innovations and projects.
As our agency continues to grow, so does the demand for high-quality, unique and creative websites. We cover both web design and development as well backend support, whether that is project-based or ongoing. This specific role is for a Web Developer, the technical and analytical components of websites, but a firm understanding of web design will also be required.
The individual in this role will need to be able to take direction from management as well as follow the client’s brief. However, as an expert in web development, we are looking for somebody who can make suggestions along the way. We welcome you to challenge us and our clients but fundamentally in a professional and logical way; if there is a better way to develop something, then tell us (be sure to back this up).
Our clients vary from individual trade services to global SMEs, so no project will be the same. Our next Web Developer needs to be passionate, enthusiastic, analytical and able to adapt to clients’ needs – there isn’t a one size fits all approach.
The ideal candidate is a skilled professional that thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for developing the foundations of product tools, websites and landing pages for both Beyond Co. and our clients.
- Build custom websites (mainly on WordPress) for a diverse range of clients.
- Experience developing mobile apps (Apple and Android) and databases is highly desirable.
- Revise, edit, proofread & optimise web content.
- Work with cross-functionally to enhance the overall user experience of our platforms.
- Own various development tasks involved in the website life cycle from start to finish.
- Conceptualise and build intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences.
- Continually improve and optimise user experience for our client’s websites.
- Collaborate in concept development and design ideation cross-functionally to help define a creative strategy.
- Although each of our websites are highly bespoke and rarely templated, the need to build frameworks that can be used across the business is required.
- Perform various backend tasks for Beyond Co. and our clients. This includes but not limited to CMS, themes and plugin updates, troubleshooting issues, creating backups, migrating sites and more.
- Web optimisation, including indexing, technical, speed, and on-page SEO.
- Explore web development solutions that can be used internally and for our clients as well as maintain the tools we already have in place, for example, our ticketing system, custom CMS’ and client portals.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, web and digital development, competitive landscape and market trends.
- Deep understanding of WordPress. Other platforms such as Webflow, Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, Shopify is desirable.
- Proficiency in at least one server-side technology (Java, PHP, NodeJS, Python or Ruby).
- Strong analytical skills. A deep understanding of Google Analytics and RankMath (or similar).
- Understanding of all search engines and functions as well as marketing.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and other relevant software is deseriable.
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking and design skills are desirable.
- A technical, analytical thinker who is able to put that logic into action.
- The ability to use up-to-date project management, marketing and collaborative tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Trello and Zoom.
- Your own tech – PC desktop/laptop, Apple Mac or Chromebook – as long as it’s able to handle the duties mentioned above sufficiently. We will provide any other tech or software required for this specific role.
- A steady internet connection (minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps).
- Unless specifically stated, you’ll need to be able to work +/- 4 hours of the GMT timezone.
- An understanding of our industry – web agency and digital marketing is not essential but is desirable.
- An up-to-date portfolio, examples or references of previous relevant work and/or the ability to demonstrate the necessary skills required to perform this role.
We’re a team of creatives excited about unique ideas and helping everyone from solopreneurs through to SMEs to create amazing identity and brands since 2015. As our name suggests, we truly do go above and beyond. We’re always here to help, day or night, and once you join us, you’re a part of the Beyond Co. family for life.
Trust in our team is a major part of what sets us apart; as long as you get the job done, we’re open to the individual’s needs, for example, having flexible start and finish times. The majority of our roles can be full-time, part-time or freelance, and we also provide a 100% fully remote (work from anywhere) option.
As a business, we offer a fresh approach on over 20 tailor-made digital solutions through three core areas: web, creative and marketing. Some of these services include web design and development, SEO, paid ads, social media management, brand strategies and consultancy, digital marketing and graphic design.
Our clients are predominately based in the UK and Europe and vary in sectors, including hospitality, financial services, recruitment, trade services, health and wellness, eCommerce, and nonprofit organisations. We’re proud to have worked with these clients on a variety of digital projects – from redesigning websites to providing 360° digital marketing plans with ongoing support.
To apply for this role, please use the form found under ‘Apply for this position’. Alternatively, email your CV to email@example.com quoting the job title.
Please note, we do try to reply to every application personally, but we may only respond to those candidates whose experience matches our requirements. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.