We are looking for a Web Designer who has strong creative skills and a portfolio of work that demonstrates their passion for web-based illustrative design. This candidate will have experience working with numerous different digital design platforms but familiarity with WordPress is essential.
As our agency continues to grow, so does the demand for high-quality, unique and creative websites. We cover both web design and development as well backend support, whether that is project-based or ongoing. This specific role is for a Web Designer, the creative, visual components of websites, but a firm understanding of web development will also be required.
The individual in this role will need to be able to take direction from management as well as follow the client’s brief. However, as an expert in web design, we are looking for somebody who can make suggestions along the way. We welcome you to challenge us and our clients but fundamentally in a professional and logical way; if there is a better way to visually represent something, then tell us (be sure to back this up).
Our clients vary from individual trade services to global SMEs, so no project will be the same. Our next Web Designer needs to be passionate, enthusiastic, and able to adapt to clients’ needs – there isn’t a one size fits all approach.
The ideal candidate is a skilled creative professional that thrives in a team environment. You will create the look, layout and features of our product tools, websites and landing pages.
- Conceptualise and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences.
- Continually improve and optimise user experience for our client’s websites.
- Collaborate in concept development and design ideation cross-functionally to help define a creative strategy.
- Although each of our websites are highly bespoke and rarely templated, there is a need to create templates that can be used across the business, for example, industry-specific frameworks, elements and pages.
- Create web-based brand portfolios to showcase our recent projects. These may be used on our website, proposals and Socials.
- Study and support the psychology of digital graphic design within a website, from the look and feel, spacing, hierarchy, typography and transitions.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, graphic design, competitive landscape and market trends.
- Over 2 years of experience in web design, graphic design or equivalent.
- Understanding how the web development side works also is highly desirable including HTML, CSS and JQuery.
- Deep understanding of WordPress. Other platforms such as Webflow, Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, Shopify is desirable but not required.
- Strong analytical skills. A deep understanding of Google Analytics and RankMath (or similar) is highly desirable.
- Understanding of all search engines and functions as well as marketing is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and other relevant software.
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills and design skills.
- A visual, creative-thinker who is able to put that creativity into action.
- The ability to use up-to-date project management, marketing and collaborative tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Trello and Zoom.
- Your own tech – PC desktop/laptop, Apple Mac or Chromebook – as long as it’s able to handle the duties mentioned above sufficiently. We will provide any other tech or software required for this specific role.
- A steady internet connection (minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps).
- Unless specifically stated, you’ll need to be able to work +/- 4 hours of the GMT timezone.
- An understanding of our industry – web agency and digital marketing is not essential but is desirable.
- An up-to-date portfolio, examples or references of previous relevant work and/or the ability to demonstrate the necessary skills required to perform this role.
We’re a team of creatives excited about unique ideas and helping everyone from solopreneurs through to SMEs to create amazing identity and brands since 2015. As our name suggests, we truly do go above and beyond. We’re always here to help, day or night, and once you join us, you’re a part of the Beyond Co. family for life.
Trust in our team is a major part of what sets us apart; as long as you get the job done, we’re open to the individual’s needs, for example, having flexible start and finish times. The majority of our roles can be full-time, part-time or freelance, and we also provide a 100% fully remote (work from anywhere) option.
As a business, we offer a fresh approach on over 20 tailor-made digital solutions through four core areas: web, marketing, creative and business services. Some of these services include web design and development, SEO, social media management, brand strategies and consultancy, digital marketing, graphic design, and virtual assistants.
Our clients are predominately based in the UK and Europe and vary in sectors, including hospitality, financial services, recruitment, trade services, health and wellness, eCommerce, and nonprofit organisations. We’re proud to have worked with these clients on a variety of digital projects – from redesigning websites to providing 360° digital marketing plans with ongoing support.
To apply for this role, please use the form found under ‘Apply for this position’. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Please note, we do try to reply to every application personally, but we may only respond to those candidates whose experience matches our requirements. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.