We are looking for a Social Media Manager to create and maintain a strong online presence for our company as well as for our social media management (SMM) clients. They will implement online marketing through social media in an effort to complete sales, announce company updates, and increase brand awareness. Additionally, this individual will understand the target audiences and create appropriate strategies, including regular, tailor-made content, to reach the correct demographic.
We are proud to work with a range of SMM clients, from individuals to global SMEs. Because of this, there is an excellent opportunity to have a varied role and a need for adaptability. Ultimately, our clients are looking for someone who can manage their accounts, come up with creative ideas and not be afraid to think outside the box (as long as it reflects their brand and core beliefs).
Additionally, Beyond Co. continues to expand, and we need someone who is enthusiastic and is able to really own this domain to help the continued growth of our agency. We already have a vision, ideas and content lined up, and the individual will help us execute this more efficiently. We do, however, encourage the person in this role to challenge our ideas and make suggestions along the way.
- Research target audience and discover current trends.
- Create engaging captions with supportive images and video content.
- Monitor web and social media traffic and analytics, then use that data to make business decisions, namely around further actions on Socials.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule catered to each specific business.
- Post content for Beyond Co. as well as our SMM clients on a scheduled basis – daily, weekly etc.
- Oversee community outreach, including engaging with audiences/followers as well as identifying and interacting with potential customers.
- Reach out to relevant influencers and other brands/businesses we may be able to collaborate with.
- Experience as a social media coordinator, assistant, executive or equivalent.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with social media business accounts across channels such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, WhatsApp Business, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Proven understanding of how the backend of these platforms work from an analytical and management point of view, such as Meta Business and Meta Ads.
- Understanding social media listening and marketing tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Monday etc., is not essential but is desirable.
- Strong communication, multitasking and analytical skills.
- A visual, creative-thinker who is able to put that creativity into action.
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player. As this is a ‘Management’ role, the ability to manage the function as well as people is essential.
- Experience using graphic design software such as Canva or similar, if not more advanced software (Abode Creative Cloud).
- The ability to use up-to-date project management, marketing and collaborative tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Trello and Zoom.
- An understanding of our industry – web agency and digital marketing is not essential but is desirable.
- On very rare occasions, be able to be contacted and action something outside normal working hours.
- Your own tech – PC desktop/laptop, Apple Mac or Chromebook – as long as it’s able to handle the duties mentioned above sufficiently. We will provide any other tech or software required for this specific role.
- A steady internet connection (minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps) if working remotely.
- Unless specifically stated, you’ll need to be able to work +/- 4 hours of the GMT timezone if working remotely.
- A willingness to occasionally travel, for example, to support the Directors in client meetings, such as social media strategy meetings and new business pitches. These most likely will be based in Essex, London and surrounding areas.
- For this particular role, we would like the individual to work alongside the Directors and the rest of the team in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, therefore, they’ll need to travel to Southend Town Centre. Once fully trained, there may be an opportunity for the candidate to have a mixture of office and home-based days. We may accept a fully remote role for the right candidate.
We’re a team of creatives excited about unique ideas and helping everyone from solopreneurs through to SMEs to create amazing identities and brands since 2015. As our name suggests, we truly do go above and beyond. We’re always here to help, day or night, and once you join us, you’re a part of the Beyond Co. family for life.
Trust in our team is a major part of what sets us apart; as long as you get the job done, we’re open to the individual’s needs, for example, having flexible start and finish times. The majority of our roles can be full-time, part-time or freelance, and we also provide a 100% fully remote (work from anywhere) option.
As a business, we offer a fresh approach on over 20 tailor-made digital solutions through three core areas: web, creative and marketing. Some of these services include web design and development, SEO, paid ads, social media management, brand strategies and consultancy, digital marketing and graphic design.
Our clients are predominately based in the UK and Europe and vary in sectors, including hospitality, financial services, recruitment, trade services, health and wellness, eCommerce, and nonprofit organisations. We’re proud to have worked with these clients on a variety of digital projects – from redesigning websites to providing 360° digital marketing plans with ongoing support.
To apply for this role, please use the form found under ‘Apply for this position’. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Please note, we do try to reply to every application personally, but we may only respond to those candidates whose experience matches our requirements. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.