We are looking for a Sales Executive who will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. They will be focused, have strong communication skills, be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
As our agency grows, so does the need to support that growth, namely in terms of new opportunities. The person who takes on this role will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and close business deals while maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The individual in this role will need to be able to take direction from management and use initiative to make their own decisions based on their experience. We already have business development strategies in place; however, we are looking for someone who can lead this function and continue to improve overall sales in the best possible way.
Our clients vary from individual trade services to global SMEs, so no new or existing lead will be the same, however, we have a keen focus on corporate clients including recruitment, consultancies and investment firms as well as eCommerce and directories. We are driven by the success of our clients; therefore, our next Sales Executive needs to be passionate, enthusiastic, and able to adapt to clients’ needs – there isn’t a one size fits all approach.
Although this is an Executive role and some experience is required, you’ll be working closely with the Directors, who will help guide the individual, teaching them what they have learned about the industry over the years. We will provide full training alongside a robust tech set-up, including any relevant devices, subscriptions or software, a competitive bonus structure, and a paid membership to a co-working space, based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
- Identify partnership opportunities.
- Manage the sales journey from end to end, including but not limited to initial contact, organising and leading discovery calls, creating and adjusting estimates, proposals and presentations, creating and raising deposit invoices, moving the client to the development stage until we are ready to onboard them as an active client.
- Develop new relationships in an effort to grow the business and help the company expand.
- Maintain existing business by working closely with our Account Managers.
- Think critically when planning to assure project success.
- Collaborate with other team members such as our Developers to ensure a smoother transition for sales leads to development.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, competitive landscape, market trends and new sales techniques.
- Meet expected sales targets/KPIs in order to prove your commitment to the role and qualify for commission and bonuses.
- At least 2 years experience in a sales role or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies.
- Able to work towards expected sales targets/KPIs.
- Experience using CRMs such as Salesforce or HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and email marketing software; Mailjet.
- General customer service including helping to manage our internal communication and operational systems including WhatsApp Business and online Get Help Support Centre (ticketing system).
- Support the Directors with administrative marketing tasks.
- Relay new and ongoing issues our clients may be facing back to the correct internal team, such as our Developers. Oversee until they have been resolved and our clients are satisfied with the outcome.
- Manage all reporting about the health of clients’ accounts.
- Administer anniversaries and account renewals of our clients, such as annual domains and hosting, monthly maintenance and trial periods.
- A conceptual thinker with strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A confident, passionate and driven individual who is able to put that motivation into action.
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player.
- The ability to use up-to-date project management, marketing and collaborative tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Trello and Zoom.
- An understanding of our industry – web agency and digital marketing is not essential but is desirable.
- On very occasions, be able to be contacted and action something outside normal working hours.
- Your own tech – PC desktop/laptop, Apple Mac or Chromebook – as long as it’s able to handle the duties mentioned above sufficiently. We will provide any other tech or software required for this specific role.
- A steady internet connection (minimum download speed of 10 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps) if working remotely.
- Unless specifically stated, you’ll need to be able to work +/- 4 hours of the GMT timezone if working remotely.
- A willingness to occasionally travel, for example, to support the Directors in client meetings and new business pitches. These most likely will be based in Essex, London and surrounding areas.
- For this particular role, we would like the individual to work alongside the Directors in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, therefore, they’ll need to travel to Southend Town Centre. Once fully trained, there may be an opportunity for the candidate to have a mixture of office and home-based days. We may accept a fully remote for the right candidate.
We’re a team of creatives excited about unique ideas and helping everyone from solopreneurs through to SMEs to create amazing identities and brands since 2015. As our name suggests, we truly do go above and beyond. We’re always here to help, day or night, and once you join us, you’re a part of the Beyond Co. family for life.
Trust in our team is a major part of what sets us apart; as long as you get the job done, we’re open to the individual’s needs, for example, having flexible start and finish times. The majority of our roles can be full-time, part-time or freelance, and we also provide a 100% fully remote (work from anywhere) option.
As a business, we offer a fresh approach on over 20 tailor-made digital solutions through three core areas: web, creative and marketing. Some of these services include web design and development, SEO, paid ads, social media management, brand strategies and consultancy, digital marketing and graphic design.
Our clients are predominately based in the UK and Europe and vary in sectors, including hospitality, financial services, recruitment, trade services, health and wellness, eCommerce, and nonprofit organisations. We’re proud to have worked with these clients on a variety of digital projects – from redesigning websites to providing 360° digital marketing plans with ongoing support.
To apply for this role, please use the form found under ‘Apply for this position’. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Please note, we do try to reply to every application personally, but we may only respond to those candidates whose experience matches our requirements. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.