We are looking for a Marketing & Operations Assistant to join our growing agency via the Government Kickstart Scheme initiative. As this is a hybrid role, the ideal candidate will split their time between marketing activities for both Beyond Co. and our clients, as well as internal operations and administration.
Marketing duties may include helping with online marketing strategies for both ourselves and our clients by planning and executing digital marketing campaigns, launching a range of advertisements, managing social media and creating content to increase brand awareness.
Operations duties may include general administration such as acting as the point of contact for our clients and suppliers via email, telephone, social media and online chat, scheduling meetings, reviewing and renewing client accounts, creating quotes, proposals and invoices, and assisting with client duties for which we are retained to do.
Beyond Co. works with clients on many different projects and services, such as web development, social media, SEO, and virtual assistance. This is an excellent opportunity to have a varied role, and a need for adaptability is therefore required. Additionally, as we continue to grow, we need someone who is enthusiastic and willing to get the job done – no day will be the same.
You’ll be working closely with the Founder/Director, who will help guide the individual, teaching them what they have learned about the industry over the years. As a Marketing & Operations Assistant representing both Beyond Co. and our clients, this role is perfect for somebody looking for a mixture of daily operations within an agency and some client exposure.
This role is most likely to be 25 hours per week, ideally, Mondy to Friday, 5 hours a day. We will provide full training alongside a robust tech set-up, including a new laptop and any relevant software, as well as a paid membership to a co-working space, based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
Examples of marketing responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Design, maintain and supply content for us and our client’s websites and Socials, including engaging text, image and video content – static and animated.
- Major social media platforms we use include Instagram (Reels, Stories, IGTV and Feed), Facebook, YouTube and TikTok.
- Launch and manage campaigns to increase brand awareness.
- Follow the provided strategies to help build lasting digital connections with customers.
- Monitor web and social media traffic and analytics, then use that data to help us make business decisions.
- Low level copywriting, general marketing collateral, market research and website support.
- Research target audience and discover current marketing trends.
- Manage email distribution list including new subscriptions, opt-outs, and bounce backs. Edit and/or draft articles for these email campaigns as required.
- Create blog articles for the Beyond Co. website, which may involve creating the initial draft, uploading to the website, adding necessary links and supporting imagery.
Examples of operations responsibilities (but not limited to):
- General customer service including helping to manage our internal communication and operational systems including WhatsApp Business and online Get Help Support Centre (ticketing system).
- Support the Founder/Director with administrative marketing tasks.
- Help aid new business and sales including upgrading existing clients packages and services.
- Relay new and ongoing issues our clients may be facing back to the correct internal team, such as our Web Developers. Oversee until they have been resolved and our clients are satisfied with the outcome.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients to better understand and achieve their needs.
- Arrange visits (most likely virtually via Zoom) for our clients to identify opportunities for growth within our platform.
- Manage all reporting about the health of clients’ accounts.
- Administer anniversaries and account renewals of our clients, such as annual domains and hosting, monthly maintenances and trial periods.
- Data entry, diary and inbox management, event organisation, expense management, lifestyle support and project management.
- Supporting recruitment activities such as client and candidate management, CV formatting, job board management, job specs, LinkedIn support and reporting and analytics.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while staying organised.
- Good understanding of the administrative structure of corporate environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages are highly desirable.
- A willingness to learn and grow alongside the company.
- A visual, creative-thinker who is able to put that creativity into action.
- Able to work independently, be a team player and take instructions well.
- Experience using graphic design software such as Canva or similar, if not more advanced software (Abode Creative Cloud), is not essential but is desirable.
- The ability to use up-to-date project management, marketing and collaborative tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Trello and Zoom.
- An understanding of our industry – web agency and digital marketing is not essential but is desirable.
- A willingness to occasionally travel, for example, to support the Founder/Director in client meetings and new business pitches. These most likely will be based in Essex, London and surrounding areas.
- On very occasions, be able to be contacted and action something outside normal working hours.
- You’ll need to meet the Government Kickstart Scheme requirements.
- Aged between 16 to 24.
- Currently receiving Universal Credit.
- Able to commit to at least 25 hours per week.
- Able to accept an offer and start before the scheme closes.
- Not previously completed nor currently in another Government Kickstart Scheme.
- Signed up for the Government Kickstart Scheme with an active coach in place.
- Must be based in the UK. For this particular role, we would like the individual to work alongside the Founder/Director in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, therefore, they’ll need to travel to Southend Town Centre. Once fully trained, there may be an opportunity for the candidate to have a mixture of office and home-based days.
We’re a team of creatives excited about unique ideas and helping everyone from solopreneurs through to SMEs to create amazing identity and brands since 2015. As our name suggests, we truly do go above and beyond. We’re always here to help, day or night, and once you join us, you’re a part of the Beyond Co. family for life.
Trust in our team is a major part of what sets us apart; as long as you get the job done, we’re open to the individual’s needs, for example, having flexible start and finish times. The majority of our roles can be full-time, part-time or freelance, and we also provide a 100% fully remote (work from anywhere) option.
As a business, we offer a fresh approach on over 20 tailor-made digital solutions through four core areas: web, marketing, creative and business services. Some of these services include web design and development, SEO, social media management, brand strategies and consultancy, digital marketing, graphic design, and virtual assistants.
Our clients are predominately based in the UK and Europe and vary in sectors, including hospitality, financial services, recruitment, trade services, health and wellness, eCommerce, and nonprofit organisations. We’re proud to have worked with these clients on a variety of digital projects – from redesigning websites to providing 360° digital marketing plans with ongoing support.
To apply for this role, please use the form found under ‘Apply for this position’. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Please note, we do try to reply to every application personally, but we may only respond to those candidates whose experience matches our requirements. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.